Ivy is Cinte

SaLSa, StILeTTos, BOOks, TraVELlingS, BoYs aNd EveRYthINg eLSe in BetWEen.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

France 2012 - Part 1

U know what, dreams do come true. I always want to go to Paris to see Eiffel Tower and i  get the opportunity last august when we went to France for Nico's mom birthday party. My dream was to see Eiffel Tower but i end up seeing so much more than that. 

This trip was initially plan to surprise Patricia (Nico's mom) since it was her 50th birthday celebration and Nico want to go home after one year living in Malaysia. So the plan was to stay a week in Brittany (Nico's hometown), 3 days in Paris and the remaining days will be use to sightseeing around. 

I didn't packed anything warm for me since it's summer. Well, it shouldn't be cold isn't it. I arrived in Paris on  2nd august evening after 15 hours long flight. Flew with Qatar Airways since its the cheapest fare when we booked it and i love it. They keep on serving food the entire flight from KL-Doha-Paris and by the time i reach Paris i was so full. 

At Paris airport everything went smooth except they asked me if i have money and wanted me to show them. For what reason, i didn't know. I was supposed to flew with Nico but he have to go back to Paris first for a training. Honestly, i was a bit worried since its my 1st trip to europe, they didn't speak english and my boyfriend not with me. But well yeah, i survived. 

We stay at colleague place at Rue St. Maur, really appreciated him for letting us staying there or else we have to spend money for hotel. His apartment at 2nd floor and no lift around. So Nico have to carry my heavy bag upstairs. I really love his place cos its perfect for single guy or couple. 

So, my 1st night in Paris, what should i do? I was extremely tired and jet lagged. I didn't sleep at all in the flight because too excited. Nico make dinner and i decide what to do while taking shower. So finally, we off to see Eiffel Tower. Its my dream after all to see it. I put on my long dress and hell ya, its cold outside. 

Thank god i have my tourist guide with me cos i am 200% confused with their subway line and zoning. We definitely change stations once or twice to get there. If im not mistaken, we took around 20min by subway to get there.



There's a few thing that i don't like with Paris subway. No escalator at the station (unless big station and imagine you have to carry your luggage up and down the staircase), their subway was old, noisy, fast and scary. Its good when its fast but with all the noise from its track its really scary.

Nico took me to Trocadero station. When we walked out of the station i still didn't see any Eiffel Tower. He said its around the corner and its funny cos i was holding my breath., so excited and nervous. Then nico asked me "are you ready?" and when we turned to our left i can see Eiffel Tower stood so proud and look so glorious. Its feel like christmas in summer. The view was breathtakingly beautiful and everybody gone wild when they turn on the sparkle light on the tower. For me night view is so much better than day view but it still good either way. You'll feel wow from the architecture and how big the structure is. 



There's a lot of tourist of cos and everybody fight for a good spot. You can buy pirated Eiffel Tower key chain here. Just look for a black guy and you need to bargain hard here so you can get 4 or 5 nos key chain for 1 euro. 

I will never forget my 1st night in Paris as i looked at my boyfriend and said thank you. The feeling was so overwhelming and i can believe that my dreams come true. You have to see it to believe it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment