Ivy is Cinte

SaLSa, StILeTTos, BOOks, TraVELlingS, BoYs aNd EveRYthINg eLSe in BetWEen.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ramadhan 2012

Ramadhan is back. Today mark the first day for all muslim in Malaysia to start fasting. Hari raya preparation  seems to start early this year, from decoration, cookies and traditional costumes. As for me, my kebaya nyonya was ready one month ago. Since there's no season or new design for kebaya nyonya its not a problem for me to get it earlier. I like to avoid crowd and hate to get everything last minute. 

(Orange last year & black for 2012)

Today's plan is to get baju melayu for Nico. I know its a bit early but we have to get everything done this weekend since he going back to France next Friday and only back to kl few days before raya. 

Since it will be his 1st time celebrating hari raya, he's a bit skeptical about the entire thing. I have to explain slowly about our culture, about religion and the connection between two. I didn't force him to try anything, not even fasting. Its warm my heart when he said he want to try it next year and get better understanding about ramadhan and hari raya first this year. I didn't expect much from him since this is entirely new experience for him as a non-muslim. 

When i first suggest to him to wear baju melayu, his reaction was skeptical. he said he doesnt want to spend so much money for something that he only going to wear once and he scared he going to look stupid. So, i take initiative, not so much, just google for some picture with matsalleh wearing baju melayu and i found this.


After seeing this, he said its look nice and willing to give it a try. So he started to ask me if we going to get the same color, do he really have to wear that songkok (hat) and is it possible to wear it with snickers. I answer all the questions like mother comforting an excited kids. Its funny, i know. Hope we going to find something at Ampang park later because i know its me who going to be fussy and not him. 

Selamat berpuasa to all muslim. 


No comments:

Post a Comment