Ivy is Cinte

SaLSa, StILeTTos, BOOks, TraVELlingS, BoYs aNd EveRYthINg eLSe in BetWEen.

Friday, April 12, 2013

For the love of Nyonya Kebaya

I don't remember when my addiction to Kebaya Nyonya started, but what i did remember, that my ex-bf bought me my first kebaya for Eid-ul Fitri in 2005. It was black color with colorful motif of peacock and flower. I match it with black & gold silk sarong which look so exquisite and i cant resist to wore it again during my graduation day in 2006.

 (peacock motif)
(with my childhood friends)

I'm not the type of person who like to wear traditional dress based on fashion. For me old is always gold and  changes to kebaya nyonya is relatively small. Those changes might only on the way we tie the sarong, elaborate or simple embroidery for our top and maybe material we use to make kebaya. 

I was working in Penang in 2010 when i have headache to find my baju raya. I really didn't like baju kurung fashion at that time and im so choosy. I don't like to look the same as other people and prefer to have my own trademark. I was with my other ex-bf that time accompanying him cutting his hair at Gurney Plaza and decided to walk around. That was the time i come across Kim Fashion.  

So, my first body measurement taken and kebaya was done here and it was pink. Since handmade kebaya are expensive i only can afford cheap kebaya at that time which is cost me RM250 for the top only. My other problem when its come to kebaya is either i found the sarong first or the top first and never both at the same time. So for my pink kebaya, the case is top first and end up use satin as sarong since i didn't find anything i like till the last minute. 

(Raya 2010)
(at Fazan wedding)

Since i really like nyonya kebaya from kim fashion, i came back again the year after during ramadhan to get my kebaya. This time i came over with black and orange silk sarong i bought from Ampang Park. So i end up wearing orange  kebaya when my initial plan was to get red color. This top cost me RM500 and RM150 for it sarong. 

 (Love bird)
(Raya 2011)
For 3 consecutive years, i went back to Vicky who has my measurement and see me growing from S size to M size. And again i came back this time looking for red color kebaya. I didn't have top or bottom this time and really plan to find everything from vicky. We discuss and she showed me some material and unfortunetly  they don't have chili red color. So we look around to see if i will like anything and i was torn between 3 different top. One was black, another in turquoise and the last one in pink. I end up taking black color since i really love the striking motif color.

I only took this top for RM500 and didn't get any sarong since vicky didn't have so much choice. I bought kain batik in black with green leaf motif and i'm sure i feel like walking flower pot everytime i wear my it.

(Raya 2012)
(with edah)


No comments:

Post a Comment