Ivy is Cinte

SaLSa, StILeTTos, BOOks, TraVELlingS, BoYs aNd EveRYthINg eLSe in BetWEen.

Friday, May 9, 2014

Life as an expat wife ~ First assignment, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah

We got married in September 2013 when Nico was still VIE with the company that we work and im going to end my contract in October. Nico was then been offered an expat contract and his first assignment is Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. I felt so lucky because we only moved to the other part of Malaysia and didn't go so far away leaving all my family and friends behind. 

I was planning to find a job in KK but unfortunately salary here is so low and i feel like im downgrading myself. This is when i decided to stay home and become full time housewife. 

So far i am enjoying my time as a wife, people asking me if i didnt get bored since im not working anymore. Honestly, i didnt feel bored at all. My everyday life is actually busy, i spend less time on Facebook compare to the time when i was actually working. 

My day start at 8.30am since im not a morning person and my hubby didnt take breakfast. Everyday routine is pretty standard since i know what i should do around the house. I don't have maid, i guess if i have one i might get bored since in this case, i really didnt have anything to do. 

So, i woke up every morning, do my bed, shower, clean the house and prepare for lunch. I am usually busy on monday since this is major cleaning day which include mopping and scrubbing the bathroom. 

I send Nico to work after he back for lunch in order for me to get use of the car. I either go buy grocery, shopping, pay bills or ironing at home. So basically i can do anything i want in the afternoon. If i got nothing to do, i will simply bake something for a tea break or hangout at the swimming pool. Lately swimming pool become my best friend, its so good to spend at least an hour or two swimming and watching sunset before i get back to work. 

Dinner is served around 8pm and if im not cooking, at least twice a week we went outside for dinner and movie. 

Basically my job scope change drastically now from an engineer to a housewife even though i still do a lot of planning. Nico give me full responsibility regarding home affair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment