Ivy is Cinte

SaLSa, StILeTTos, BOOks, TraVELlingS, BoYs aNd EveRYthINg eLSe in BetWEen.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Paris ~ Winter Feb 2014

This was actually my first trip to France in Winter. The first time Nico took me back was summer, 2nd time was spring and now i have to experience winter. Its actually unplanned trip since Nico got to go back to Paris to sign some paper. It was also the first time we took direct flight from Kuala Lumpur to Paris. 

Honestly, i was freaking out and hoping i wont die from the cold. I don't have any appropriate clothes for winter and we had to do some shopping before we leave. I was lucky i have an old coat from my time in Dubai before continue shopping in France for better winter jacket. 

We arrived in Paris around 6am and it was freezing. We went directly to Montparnasse station which took an hour from CDG airport to store our luggage. Nico got to go to the main office to sign his paper work and i was left alone on my own device. 

So, equipped with my phrase book, a little confident and a help on direction from Nico, i went to Rodin Museum. Well, as previously written on my other entry, i love sculpture and this is the chance for me to see Rodin work since Nico doesn't like any form of art. Unfortunately, The permanent exhibition area was under renovation and this give me an excuses to drag Nico next time to see the rest. I only manage to see "The Thinker", which is outside at the garden together with the rest of Rodin famous work. Their temporary exhibition also open but was full with art student and tour group. Nevertheless, i still enjoying my time walking under the rain in the garden :)


 (I wasnt supposed to take this picture, i didnt know)

 (The Thinker outside in the garden)

 (I like the fact that he mark his work)

(Opsss, forgot the name)

Last day in Paris, we just have a walk around together with Nico friends. Owh, we went to Notre-Dame Cathedral and manage to go inside the church since the queue wasn't as long as in summer. We walk along river Seine and since its late afternoon and sunset is early in winter, i ask my husband to go to see Eiffel Tower, again :)



When we reach Eiffel Tower, it was already dark and there's a lot of people. I thought it will be less people and we can finally go up on the famous tower. Since we didn't do any booking online, we tried to catch the lift because i thought there's no way i'm going to climb those stairs. So we get in line like other people until the wind start to blow and threaten to flew us all. But, we still stand strong and nothing can change our mind.

10 mins later, we still queuing and light rain start to pour. So imagine yourself in winter, wind blowing and standing under the rain. I was freezing cold and give up to the idea of going up on the Eiffel Tower altogether. Nico said we can always take stairs since we might not going to get the chance again. So, what the hell, we went up and i kind of regret my choice,  its was a looooooooooooooooooooooong way to reach the top. By the time we reach the first level, i was out of breath. 

The view to me is nothing special since you cannot see Eiffel tower :) and that one time experienced was enough. I rather enjoy seeing Eiffel tower from the park while seeping hot cocoa. 




(view from top)
 (Even if the give free entrance by staircases, i don't know if i will do it again huhuhu)


No comments:

Post a Comment