Ivy is Cinte

SaLSa, StILeTTos, BOOks, TraVELlingS, BoYs aNd EveRYthINg eLSe in BetWEen.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Our Official Henna Night

I was so excited to have my henna night. I grew up in a village where wedding was a big celebration and enjoyed by everybody for 3 days and night. It was long-long time ago of course but i still want to carry few of it tradition for my own wedding. Since i also married to foreigner, i think it will be a nice experienced for both of us and for him to learn about our culture.

So on 19th September 2013, i scheduled to have my henna night or malam berinai around 9pm. My mom was so excited inviting her friends and family since this is the only time where we will have party at home since our wedding reception will be held some where else.

 (supposed to be our wedding cake but we have it for henna night)
(Briyani, sticky rice, pulut kuning and lot more good food)
(with my uncle, aunt and cousins)

I booked my henna from Norish Keberg,  https://www.facebook.com/noor.collection?fref=ts. She arrived around 9pm with 2 assistant and was shocked to see that my small home full with people. I was then been seated and she told me, that everything will be done from putting the henna and washing it in an hour. I was so relieves to hear that since i was thinking that i have to go through traditional way which took the whole night.  
(Excited crowd...and me:) 



  



(Final look)

I do think i make the right choice in choosing this design. I tried to avoid looking too crowded but at the same time want to look as mush as a bride. I just hope that these henna can last a bit longer but since it fast to put it on so its only last for a week. Traditional way will last for a month and i really love having henna on my hands and feet. 

Henna for Nico since its was a simple one was done by my cousins. It was also requested by them so they can bullied him and to let him feel welcome to the family. We did have fun that night even thought he have to rush to meet his friends for his bachelor party afterwards. 

 (It seems easy but its not..lol)
(He looked awkward isnt it)
 (Our henna night)
(2 days before the wedding)

No comments:

Post a Comment